Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Ode To My Room



This is my room. In my home. In Maryland. I've had the delightful pleasure of liking all of the rooms I have ever lived in (mostly) and each has said something so delightful about me in their own way. However, this one I have had the longest. Which means there is the most stuff. I understand why people like staying in one place, with all of their stuff packed into one house. It's convenient. All your stuff is right there. You never have to think, 'oh. I really want to wear my brown snake skin boots today, but I can't because they're in the United States and I'm in Switzerland.' Everything is just right there. My entire wardrobe, all my books, all my papers, all my pillows, all my stuff in the closet that I haven't looked at in years, all my pictures, all my maps... everything. But still, on I go. To other places. With other rooms. With much less stuff, but I like that too. It's just so nice knowing I can come back whenever I want to. And also at the same time knowing that one day I'll just leave, not come back, and that'll be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, one of these days...and it will be okay. But I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete