Monday, April 19, 2010

Il Giradino!

We interrupt this look at my past exciting life to take a look at my present exciting life. For the past several weeks, Kelsey and I have been working on clearing out an extremely overgrown garden with plans to put in some herbs and vegetables and things generally more desirable than decorative grasses. Boo to the decorative grass. (Photos compliments of my mother!)

This is my very best toiling face.

This is Kelsey's best toiling face. We had to toil very hard to get to this point.

I find this photo hilarious for many reasons. 1) it looks like I'm stuffing the plant into Kelsey's face. 2) I have a broken windmill growing out of my head. 3) Kelsey is actually trying to smell the plant, but her smeller doesn't work so great. 4) The price of gas shall be forever immortalized.

This is us with Brenda. The awesome lady who had us over for tea to teach us all about herbs and supplied us with all of our plants!

Ta da! It looks small, but it's gonna grow. And it's just about the best thing I've done since I got my B.A. For reals. Life is good. These are the best days.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Turn lawns into gardens! Erik and I had fun at the store today, even though he had already been up since 1 AM our time when he arrived at 4:30 PM our time. Missing you, but good to see you're rocking it in MD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm so glad you got to garden. I'm sure all of your hard work will pay off! these are sweet pics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the days...I hope they never end! Wherever they may be....

    ReplyDelete